Bonacci Infrastructure was engaged to complete the civil design and certification for 80 kilometres of road used to relocate a 3,500 tonne dragline from Goonyella Riverside Mine to South Walker Creek Mine in Moranbah, Queensland, Australia.
Transfer of the dragline was completed using a self-propelled modular transport (SPMT) and was coordinated with various Aurizon and service shutdown windows. Key features of the engagement included:
- Pavement design using CIRCLY, FLEA5 and finite element modelling;
- Structural assessment of underground pipework and other services under very large SPMT loads;
- Design of road and rail crossings, including pavement overlays and the certification of a temporary bridge and abutments;
- Design of geogrid reinforced embankments over areas of extremely soft ground to permit passage of the SPMT; and
- Full-time, on-site staff inspecting proof-roll testing and certifying the civil pavement ahead of the on-route dragline.
Gold Coast Cultural Precinct – Green Bridge
City of Gold Coast Council
Broken Hill Pipeline – Murray River Offtake Pump Station
John Holland Group
Wivenhoe Dam Upgrade