Bonacci Infrastructure provided civil and structural temporary works design services for the construction of the Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET) Stockyard. Civil and structural design works included:
- Design and validation of pavements used to transport the 600 tonne gantries and 350 tonne surge bin into position using SPMT’s. Pavements included a lime stabilised subbase. Validation methods adopted tailored proof roll equipment to match the high tyre loads of the SPMT’s.
- Crane pads and lugs for lifting the conveyor galleries.
- Structural checks of below-ground services in pavements beneath the heavily loaded SPMT’s.
- Assessment of stockyard areas without pavements for heavy vehicle movements.
- Temporary foundations and lifting lugs for the 350 tonne surge bin and discharge chute platform, as well as construction staging for the installation of the surge bin onto its supporting steelwork.
- Lifting and transport beams for the 600 tonne gantries.
- Guying and anchorages for the temporary support of the gantry towers.
- Temporary supports for the gantries to allow dressing with substation and materials handling equipment prior to lifting into place, and tunnel ventilation fan supports.
Broken Hill Pipeline – Murray River Offtake Pump Station
John Holland Group
Wivenhoe Dam Upgrade
Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal – Reclaim Tunnels
Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal Pty Ltd